Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Motorbike rental in Ubon Ratchathani

Posted by lucasan on 19/1/2017 at 00:21

Since we found Ubon a surprisingly nice place we decided to stay longer and visit the surrounding area. The hotel gave us a well done tourist map with many places not on any guide. She told us of a motorbike rental in town: Jay Jay Car and Motorcycles Hire, Nakhonban Rd corner to Sappasit Rd, it's on Google maps, 250 Baht a day or 1500 Baht a week.
They claim to be open from 8 AM but we found it closed at 10.30 AM. The owner speaks good english and on the phone (+66 89 625 5823) she told us they open at 12 noon...

The friendly guy in Khawhom's coffee place had told us that motorbikes are quickly available at the airport all day long. Just right of the departures entrance there are several car rental "tables", the one with no name rents bikes. 250 Baht a day but check the bike condition, the lady wanted to give us a moped with one front brake broken and back brake not efficient... a second bike with gears was ok.

We were very happy to visit the surrounding area, beautiful temples, villages with no tourists, etc. You can easily spend 2 days in the area.
Roads around Ubon are in very good conditions and places and villages are relatively well signposted (not only in Thai). Of course Googlemaps on your mobile is helping not getting lost, especially in Ubon town.

#1 lucasan has been a member since 14/11/2016. Posts: 10

Posted by DLuek on 19/1/2017 at 06:23 TF writer

I agree Ubon is highly underrated, one of my favorite provinces in Thailand. I like the city but especially love the area out along the Mekong River -- Khong Chiam, Pha Taem NP, Sam Phan Bok, etc. Next time I hope to make it down Phu Chong Na Yoi NP in the far southeastern corner of the province, part of the so-called "Emerald Triangle" where the Thai/Lao/Cambodian borders meet.

We do include a mention of that Jay Jay place in the Ubon transport section but I hadn't tried it out myself, good to hear that it's legit. The Outside Inn also has solid motorbikes for rent in Ubon.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.