Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

RIP Gill Daley, co-founder of the Soi Dog Foundation

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/2/2017 at 01:57 admin

We've just learned of the passing of Gill Daley, the English co-founder of the Soi Dog Foundation on Phuket . She was just 58.

The Phuket News has a good obituary up for her and you can read our coverage of the foundation here. The official site is here.

Over the years the foundation has saved thousands of animals and inspired both locals and foreigners alike to volunteer, assist, donate and even adopt animals in need.

RIP Gill

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,045
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by Tilapia on 13/2/2017 at 12:03

That is a real shame! The Foundation does such excellent work, and the results have been noticeable over the years. At least to me, anyway. There's been a very noticeable decrease in number of dogs overall thanks to the Foundation's sterilization program, and those that are around are healthier and better cared for thanks, in part, to the Foundation's awareness campaigns. I recall the state of many of the street dogs when I first over and was horrified by the level of disease, malnutrition, and other adverse conditions. This hasn't been the case during my last 3 visits.

Must say that the cat situation seems also to have improved.

The Foundation was built on very solid ground and will, no doubt, carry on.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,524
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.