Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Bulon accommodation

Posted by Bilbo1 on 14/2/2017 at 09:59

Hi,

I’ll be heading to Bulon early March and was wondering ifanyone can recommend a good place to stay? I’m looking for something basic,clean and safe close to a nice beach for up to 1500 THB max with twin beds. I’ve already checked out Pansand Resort website but that starts at 1700 Baht.

Also, would it be necessary to book ahead or is it safe enough for that time of year to just turn up as I’ve heard that tourism in Thailand is down this year?

Cheers,

Bilbo.

#1 Bilbo1 has been a member since 26/2/2015. Posts: 15

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by DLuek on 14/2/2017 at 23:39 TF writer

Unless there are new resorts since I last visited a couple of years ago (unlikely), the only place other than Pansand and the pricier Bulone Resort that has anything other than really basic bungalows is Viewpoint Resort. It's on a beach, but the much better beach is a 10-minute walk away on the other side of a hill.

It should be okay to just turn up and find a room on the spot in March, and that's shoulder season so there's a good chance that Pansand and Viewpoint will offer lower prices for walk-ins. I'll also be there in March to update the existing Travelfish guide. Can't wait -- Bulon is one my favorites.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Bilbo1 on 17/2/2017 at 08:35

Thanks for the info DLuek.

Yeah, sounds like I'll just wing it and hopefully might be able to haggle the price down ;-)

Looking forward to checking Bulon out!

#3 Bilbo1 has been a member since 26/2/2015. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.