I'm departing Koh Tao on Jan 2, and checking in a room in Railei on Jan 3rd.
I'm struggling to plan my itinerary (boat/bus times and connection changes). Any help would be much appreciated.
#1 Lucian has been a member since 21/12/2007. Posts: 1
hello, i can help you on the last part, how to get to Railey from Krabi:
most people will tell you to take the boat from the main pier in Krabi but we found out that the cheapest (and maybe easiest way) was:
- taking a songthaew (shared car) from Maharat Road (the main road in Krabi), just in from of the 7 Eleven, to Ao Nang. it'll cost you around 40 bahts, they leave very often
- taking a longtail from Ao Nang beach (ticket office at the end of the "promenade") to Railey for 80 bahts
For the longer journey -we took a train from BKK to Surat Thani and then a bus from Surat Thani to Krabi. If you take the bus from the railway station in Surat Thani be quick as it fills up very quickly and nobody knows when the next one will be : )
#2 raffaela has been a member since 30/7/2007. Posts: 16
if you arrive in Krabi with the bus, you can jump on a shared car to one of the hostels in Krabi - asking to pay your share (they are usually free for guests, but if you don't sleep in Krabi you can ask to be dropped instead in front of the 7 Eleven on Maharat Road)... there are many cars coming to the bus station when the bus arrives and a lillte "travel agency" too, so you'll be able to be in town in 15 minutes or so...
in any case allow:
- 30 minutes from bus staion to Krabi town
- 45 minutes from Krabi to Ao Nang
- 20 minutes from Ao Nang beach to Railey West with longtails.
oh you're going Railey West or East?
#3 raffaela has been a member since 30/7/2007. Posts: 16