Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand and Vietnam... Help needed

Posted by hamada on 13/3/2017 at 03:28

Hi guys,

I will be relocated to Singapore for a job and I will be taking 1 month off work and would like to travel to some of the neighbor countries.This is my first time to travel to this region.

So far the plan is to travel through out the month of April and would like to end the trip as near as possible to Singapore to join my duties in May. I will be living in Singapore for one year then relocate to another country. I will be traveling with my wife and 14 mos daughter.

Basically I would like to visit Thailand and Vietnam where we could enjoy the beach and history. OR perhaps I should only focus on one country ?

Its not necessary to see everything as I could always make short trips over the weekends to see more of the countries.

That being said I would like some experienced travelers advise to plan an itinerary the proper way where we could enjoy the countries and not stress our child as well.

#1 hamada has been a member since 13/3/2017. Posts: 4

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/3/2017 at 01:32 admin

With a month you could do something like two weeks in Thailand and two in Vietnam.

So for example, fly into Bangkok, spend a few days there, then west to Kanchanaburi for a few days, then head north, perhaps to Sukhothai and Chiang Mai before returning to Bangkok. Two weeks in total.

Then fly to either Hanoi or Saigon and spend two weeks in one part of the country - Saigon would be the better choice for beaches (consider Phu Quoc or Con Dao) while Hanoi has plenty of history and you could do a trip to Ha Long Bay and Sapa.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,045
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by neharani on 15/3/2017 at 00:11

You can travel both the places as these both countries are amazing to explore..and i think since you have a very busy schedule afterwards and you will not get a chance again so you should not miss a chance to visit both the country..if you will travel not all the places of one country..just visit few famous places of Thailand and Vietnam..then you can explore these two countries..

#3 neharani has been a member since 23/2/2017. Posts: 49

Posted by hamada on 15/3/2017 at 13:31

Thank you for your advise somtam2000 . Can you please take a look at my plan and advise if I got it in the right order to avoid any overlapping and minimize the travel distance.

Day 1 Fly to Bangkok

Day 2 Bangkok

Day 3 Bangkok

Day 4 Travel to Kanchanaburi

Day 5 Kanchanaburi

Day 6 Kanchanaburi

Day 7 Kanchanaburi

Day 8 Travel to Sukhothai

Day 9 Sukhothai

Day 10 Sukhothai

Day 11 Travel to Chiang Mai

Day 12 Chiang Mai

Day 13 Chiang Mai

Day 14 Travel to Bangkok / Vientam Saigon

Day 15 to Day day 22 Phu Quoc

Day 23 to Day 29 Con Dao

Day 30 Travel to Singapore

#4 hamada has been a member since 13/3/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by joellarutten on 16/3/2017 at 05:16

During a month, you can visit both Vietnam and Thailand very easy and fast. You can spend 2 weeks in Vietnam and 2 weeks in Thailand. Further, if you do not have travel experience before, I think you should check out some local agencies which will safer and easier than travel by your own

#5 joellarutten has been a member since 3/3/2017. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.