Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Can anyone advice me on top things to check out and beaches in the rainy season?

Posted by elysium on 13/3/2017 at 10:16

@page { margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% } Hey guys,

We are going tovisit Thailand in Aug and since it is the rain season...we must plan carefully.

The idea is to go to Bangkok and kinda stay inthat area or move as much as it takes to get out of the rainy zone (or as much as it takes if we find something that we really want to see).

We really want to check out the must-see attractions, butwe are mainly going for a nice beach holiday.

Can anyone advice uswhere to go?

Thanks

#1 elysium has been a member since 6/3/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/3/2017 at 01:28 admin

In August the weather should be fine on Ko Samui Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao - expect some mind and a little rain, but this is generally a good time to visit the islands. They're all covered on Travelfish, so I'd suggest giving the sections a read and see which appeals the most.

Generally speaking Samui is the most developed while Ko Pha Ngan is laid back and Ko tao is the most popular for diving.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,825
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by elysium on 17/3/2017 at 23:04

Thanks a lot. Do you happen to know if those islands offer a mixture of parties and nature related activities (hiking and so on) at low costs?

I was told that Ko Samui is very expensive and it is more of a couples' island and used mainly for romantic get aways.

#3 elysium has been a member since 6/3/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by neharani on 19/3/2017 at 23:42

You can visit during rainy season but be careful because sometimes the situation may be more worst..if there will be heavy rainfall then you will face some problem..

#4 neharani has been a member since 23/2/2017. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.