Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

What are the top 10 attractions/events/places to visit in August?

Posted by elysium on 17/3/2017 at 23:06

I know that it is the rainy season but I was told that there were still loads of things to do in Aug and the rain can be avoided to a certain extent.

I am not familiar with Asia and I was wondering what are the must-see and do things in August in Thailand.

Thanks a lot.

#1 elysium has been a member since 6/3/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by amnicoll on 18/3/2017 at 21:23

Why not read up as previously suggested this site has all the info you need - your top 10 might be completely different to mine

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 856
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by atuls219 on 19/3/2017 at 01:30

if u going a Thailand on August Once just a quiet village in northern Thailand Pai is now a booming town that is part of the Mae Hong Son Loop stretching between Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son. Noted for its picturesque valley and relaxed atmosphere, Pai is a favored destination among backpackers and tourists wishing to explore the region. With Pai’s location in the foothills of the mountains there are several options for trekking and visiting hill tribes. Also just outside the city are elephant camps, hot springs and beautiful waterfalls. Additionally, the Pai River offers tubing and whitewater adventures.

#3 atuls219 has been a member since 19/3/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by neharani on 19/3/2017 at 23:40

There are number of amazing places in Asia to visit during August..Thailand is the lovely place where you can explore during monsoon but if you want to visit any another places in Asia then you can go to India..there are many superb places to enjoy the vacation..Agumbe is the famous place to visit during rainy season which is located in Karnataka,India..you will get to see many mountains with beautiful waterfalls..historical temples and amazing beauty of the nature..there is a place situated near India i.e. Bhutan also is the best place for the tourists..numerous things you will get to see..Dochula Pass which is located in Thimphu is the place where you can explore during August..beautiful mountains covered with snow and number of colorful flags increases the beauty of the place..a very famous festival is celebrated every year during this time i.e. known as the Dochu La Wangyal festival in which the people were unique colorful dresses and attracts the tourists to stay there and enjoy the festival.. http://www.ravenbhutan.com/category/travel-destinations/bhutan/places-to-visit here you can get more information about the other tourist places in Bhutan

#4 neharani has been a member since 23/2/2017. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.