Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

From Koh Tao to Ko Phi Phi?

Posted by silvibrenes on 2/4/2017 at 17:31

Hi there! In a couple of weeks I'll be flying to Thailand. I was thinking to visit Koh Tao and then go to Ko Phi Phi . I heard it's rainy season in the West Coast. Is it really a good idea to go to Ko Phi Phi around May 4th? If it is, what's the quickest way to get to Ko Phi Phi? And if it is not a good idea, what other beach would you recommend me? I'm 21 years old and flying solo.

Thanks!

#1 silvibrenes has been a member since 25/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 2/4/2017 at 22:50 TF writer

May on the Andaman side is the beginning of rainy season and it can go either way -- you could get perfect weather to go with the thinner crowds and cheaper room rates, or you could get stuck with a storm that hangs around. But you could also get some rain on Ko Tao, so I wouldn't rule anything out. Hitting Ko Pha Ngan would be easier than Phi Phi and it's also a great island where you could meet people your age.

From Tao to Phi Phi you could go the lazy route and book an all-in transfer from a travel agent, or you could take a ferry to Chumphon or Surat Thani and transfer to a public van or bus to Krabi, the jumping off point for Phi Phi from the mainland. You could also get there via Phuket. Public transport timetables and fares are included in the transport sections for those destination guides here on Travelfish.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,287
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by silvibrenes on 3/4/2017 at 17:44

Thank you, Dluek! I'll go to Ko Pha Ngan instead then! I guess it is easier with the transportation as well :)

#3 silvibrenes has been a member since 25/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderer143 on 14/6/2017 at 13:46

I very much agree with DLuek's recommendation. I went to Koh Phangan the same time last year and never had any problems. Weather was pleasant overall. I took a ferry via FerrySamui and the trip was pretty much hassle-free. It is a cheaper option. Works for me as I am a budget traveler. Happy travels!

#4 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 96

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.