Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Thung Khai Canopy Walk near Trang - hard to get back to Trang

Posted by HeidiSmith on 8/4/2017 at 22:29

Based on the Travelfish notes on Trang and 'things to see', my husband and I and Thai god daughter (adult) independently visited the Thung Khai Arboretum using public transportation because the canopy walk seemed to be a lot of fun. It is a lovely park…so quiet…and the canopy walk is excellent. Free.

The T Fish notes said that there are buses leaving the central bus station that pass right by the entrance (correct) and that you can catch a minibus or bus returning along this same road into Trang…..well don't count on that part.

Most buses/mini vans are FULL when returning to Trang and most people will get off in Trang not a few km before at the Arboretum. So you can easily get to the park but it's difficult getting back even with a Thai speaker with you. If it is busy at the Arboretum you might be able to find a tuk tuk for about 200 Baht to take you to Trang. Also, you can ask the staff to call a private car but we waited almost an hour and no one showed up.

So….what happened is that two locals in a nice truck picked us up sweltering in the heat at the side of the road because they said that tourists are always getting stranded at the Arboretum! Very nice of them….they delivered us right to our hotel and wouldn't accept any money for gas. I gave them some Cherry Cola flavoured Tic Tacs and they were thrilled!

#1 HeidiSmith has been a member since 4/12/2014. Posts: 14

Posted by DLuek on 9/4/2017 at 02:30 TF writer

Glad to hear it worked out okay for you in the end. I'll update the listing to warn people in the future. Thanks.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,346

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.