Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand in July

Posted by Idan78 on 11/4/2017 at 16:57

Hi
My wife and I are coming to Thailand in July for a week.
Thisnis our 9th time in Thailand but first in that period as weather in Phang Nha islands tend to be rainy.
We are looking for a 5 stars resort and but Kho Samet has only one 5 star resort which is very pricy.
We consider Hua Hin/Cha Am but I am afraid it has mote camily orientation and the beaches are not " Thailand feel like" and not so special.
So we left only Kho Samui (or Phangan..)
1. Does anyone have amother beach destination fits for July? (Except Pataya..)
2. What beach is reccomandad in Samui as we look for quiet and scinery beach view (Bophut?)
Thanks
Idan

#1 Idan78 has been a member since 11/4/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 11/4/2017 at 23:01 TF writer

I'd suggest sticking to Ko Samui / Ko Pha Ngan / Ko Tao at that time of year, as the weather will be bad in every other part of coastal Thailand

Off the top of my head, on Samui, you might consider Zazen Boutique Resort on Bophut Beach, or Saree Samui Resort on Mae Nam Beach. Paradise Beach Resort also has some very nice villas on Mae Nam, which is a lovely beach.

Otherwise you might look into Thong Nai Pan Beach (it's actually two beaches -- Noi and Yai) on Ko Pha Ngan, where there are a few different high-end resorts.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,230
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Idan78 on 12/4/2017 at 02:58

Could you please elaborate about the differences between Bophut beach (which should be close to the ferries pier to Phangan) and Mae Nam beach?

Which beach is more scenic (white send, palms, nice walking sunset etc..) we heard Bophut has an advantage of a nice fisherman village near by.
How is Cheaweng Moon beach?

Thanks!

Idan

#3 Idan78 has been a member since 11/4/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 12/4/2017 at 05:13 TF writer

Mae Nam is quieter and less developed, but Bophut is home to the Fisherman's Village, which is one of the best spots on Samui for eating, drinking and shopping. They're both on the north coast and it's not that far from one to the next. I don't know what "Chaweng Moon" is but Chaweng Noi is a pretty beach south of the much busier Chaweng Beach proper, and there are some upscale resorts on Chaweng Noi. You'll find profiles of all of Samui's main beaches here: https://www.travelfish.org/sights/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/ko_samui

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,230
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by wanderer143 on 17/4/2017 at 13:58

Another vote for Bophut. Was in Koh Samui last July and the weather was pleasant.

#5 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 74

Posted by kevinp on 20/4/2017 at 02:20

What about Bang Por Beach, it is on the pretty north east coast of Samui. offers superb sea views over to the nearby island of Koh Phagnan.

I would also recommend Thong Takian Bay, situated between Chaweng & Lamai

#6 kevinp has been a member since 20/4/2017. Posts: 1
 Website   Twitter   Google+ 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.