Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

I am planning to travel to Thailand

Posted by PanktiShah19 on 8/5/2017 at 04:08

Hi, I am Pankti Shah, a Solo Female Traveller, I am planning to travel to Thailand next month. So can anyone suggest me some famous places to visit?

#1 PanktiShah19 has been a member since 5/5/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 8/5/2017 at 04:31

Hello Pankti
Time to start planning, so what interests you to visit Thailand? Culture - religion - food - markets - nature - outdoor activities - etc? How long is your visit? Usually for a first time visit spend a few days in Bangkok either at the start or end and combine with a few days up north (Chiang Mai) and a few days down south (Phuket, Railay, Lanta, Phi Phi, etc.)
Maybe start reading here:
https://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,941

Posted by PanktiShah19 on 8/5/2017 at 06:31

Hi Captain_Bob, as per your information I am interested in some natural places, religion places, the culture of the Thailand, and I will be staying in Thailand 7 Days. and Your information is very useful to me.but I want more suggestion about the things to do in Thailand some Natural and Some Historical places. so, could u give me some suggestion?

#3 PanktiShah19 has been a member since 5/5/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by DLuek on 9/5/2017 at 10:38 TF writer

7 days is not too much time. So, if you've never been to Thailand, I'd suggest starting with a couple of days in Bangkok to see the historical and religious sites such as Wat Pho, Grand Palace, Wat Saket, etc., and then go to Ayutthaya on a day trip or 1-night trip to see the ancient Thai capital and the ruins there. Then you could take one side trip... If you enjoy waterfalls (like Erawan Waterall) and World War II history, Kanchanaburi could be a good choice. If you prefer beautiful beaches, consider Ko Samet.

Another option would be to spend only 1 or 2 days in Bangkok and then fly to Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai in Northern Thailand, both of which have many beautiful ancient temples and are close to several national parks.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,277
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by exacto on 9/5/2017 at 20:07

I think DLuek is spot on with his recommendations. Either hang close to Bangkok with the Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi or Ko Samet option; or pick one other place like Chiang Mai .

The only things I would add is that if you pick Ko Samet, make sure you aren't heading that way on a weekend or holiday, as it will be crazy busy if you do; and consider taking the overnight sleeper train to Chiang Mai if you decide to head that way. You could even squeeze in a day trip to Ayutthaya on the way and then catch the train from Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai.

Let us know what you eventually decide to do and have a great trip. Cheers.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,753
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by PanktiShah19 on 10/5/2017 at 04:36

Hi Dluek,

Your Information is very informative to me. Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion.

#6 PanktiShah19 has been a member since 5/5/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by PanktiShah19 on 10/5/2017 at 04:40

Hi Exacto,

Your Information is very informative to me. Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion.

#7 PanktiShah19 has been a member since 5/5/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by wanderer143 on 14/6/2017 at 13:48

Depends on your interests. Quite a short period of time but you can maximise it. Spend 2 days in BKK to visit the temples and historical attractions. An overnight stay to CM. Then spend the rest of your time in Koh Chang or down south to see Thailand's awesome beaches. Good luck!

#8 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 92

Posted by fotofancy on 16/9/2017 at 01:40

Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Phuket (or Krabi) - Bangkok should fit your 7 days plan. You will have a chance to see city, mountain, culture and nature all in one trip.

For Chiang Mai, this block about 10 best things to do when you go to Chiang Mai may give you some ideas.

https://www.mangoguide.com/en/Travel-Guide/15045249691663/10_best_things_to_do_when_you_go_to_chiang_mai

Enjoy your trip.

#9 fotofancy has been a member since 13/5/2016. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.