Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Honeymoon in Thailand and the Philippines

Posted by Vukz on 8/5/2017 at 13:29

My fiancee and I are planning on traveling to Thailand and the Philippines for our honeymoon in November/December. We plan on spending about 16 days in Thailand and 10 in the Philippines. This is not including travel time. We have a rough plan as follows...

Bangkok - 2D/2N
Khao Sok National Park - 3D/2N
Railay - 2D/2N
Koh Phi Phi - 3D/3N
Koh Ngai - 3D/3N
Koh Lipe - 3D/3N

After Koh Lipe we plan on taking a ferry back to Phuket and fly later that evening to Bangkok and then to Manila. Once in Manila we plan on flying to Coron for 2 days and then travel with Tao Philippines for the 5D/4N sail to El Nido. We plan on finishing the trip with 3 nights in El Nido before the long haul back to Canada.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to destinations or amount of time we should spend in each destination in Thailand or the Philippines. Thanks in advance!!

Jon

#1 Vukz has been a member since 8/5/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by amnicoll on 9/5/2017 at 04:20

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Both the Philippines and Thailand offer much more than beaches and islands

It is your choice but simply going from island(beach) to island would not seem to be my idea of fun just how different are they going to be?, I would take the view that if I like the place stay longer and if I don't then move on. No one can really help you on how long to stay in each that is your decision.

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 848
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by Vukz on 10/5/2017 at 10:31

Thanks for the reply. I hear you on that one. Do you have any suggestions as to other destinations.

We both are very water centric people which is why we opt for island hopping. Diving, Snorkeling, Boating, etc. these are some of the things we really enjoy. I feel like each island has a different look and feel to it. But at the same time we do want to take in some of the other aspects the countries have to offer which is why we are spending time in Bangkok and Koh Sok National Park. We don't want to be rushed travelling far distances but any suggestions on how to alter our plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#3 Vukz has been a member since 8/5/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by amnicoll on 11/5/2017 at 06:09

Well if that is what you are looking for then go for it - if I was to suggest other places it would be nice Thai towns where you can access beaches but perhaps without so much in the way of Diving, Snorkeling, Boating say prachup kiri Khan, Trang, and the like.

However I do stand by the point about moving on from island to island if you find a place you like

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 848
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by wanderer143 on 14/6/2017 at 13:45

Your itinerary is a bit fast-paced to me but it's definitely fine and doable. I agree with amnicoll. I may remove one island from your Thailand itinerary and spend more time on an island that I love best.

Your PHL plan is great. Check out Calaguas and Caramoan beaches too.

Congratulations and happy travels!

#5 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 88

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.