Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok hotel recommendations

Posted by Max2010 on 9/5/2017 at 06:54

The hotel that I have been using for decades located in the Sukhumvit/Asoke area is closing this year so now I need to find somewhere to stay. Apart from the odd occasion when this hotel was full I have never had to consider looking for anywhere else. It was never the smartest of places but was clean and friendly. The staff would even remember my kids from when they were toddlers up to now being 20 and 17.
Obviously the choice is immense so any recommendations would be a help. Preference is to stay in the area as I almost know it like the back of my hand. I know when I get a new taxi driver to Bangkok because he doesn't know all the little short cuts yet.
Would be nice to find something in the 1000 to 1500 category and family orientated. Did stay somewhere different a couple of years ago a few sois down at 2500 per night and had to use the same towels for the duration of the stay so more money doesn't guarantee a better stay. A hotel is somewhere that I sleep so not looking for anything exceptional in terms of décor. Ideas?

#1 Max2010 has been a member since 22/9/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 9/5/2017 at 10:30 TF writer

It would help if you told us the name of this hotel that you liked so much all these years, so that we can offer similar alternatives.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,346

Posted by exacto on 9/5/2017 at 20:11

Knowing where you used to stay would definitely help offer similar alternatives. In the mean time, I am a fan of KT Guesthouse in the greater Huay Kwang/Din Daeng area. I've stayed there many times, although not for a few years now. It isn't in the same area you mention, but was always clean, comfy, and had a good onsite restaurant and pool. There were frequently western families staying there too. Regards.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,831

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.