Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

i need an island May 24,2017

Posted by ebphoto on 19/5/2017 at 20:41

greetings, im in Bangkok now! I need a few sugestions as to what islands face the east, are small, have a Bar, food and Hostel, guesthouse on the beach?? cheap of course! Snorkling would be nice. I have three weeks before visa runs out. Due to it being low season an rain, I would like these islands to be a short ferry/ Boat ride from mainland.ill be flying out of Krabi to KAL after time on your suggested islands!
thanks so much for any info.
ebphoto

#1 ebphoto has been a member since 20/4/2015. Posts: 2

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by SBE on 20/5/2017 at 03:32

Have you tried looking at a map.

There are 3 islands on the East Coast ... Ko Tao , Ko Phangan and Ko Samui. I think either Ko Tao or Ko Phangan would probably suit you best. You can find out more about them, how to get there, and places to stay by typing their names in the search box and getting the TF destination guides.

Practically every island in Thailand has bars, places to eat and guesthouses on or near the beach. Both Ko Tao and Ko Ko Phangan have some snorkeling.

Unfortunately Krabi is on the West Coast so you'll need to get a bus from either Chumphon or Surat Thani to catch your flight. I'm not sure where KAL is but if you meant KUL and haven't bought your plane ticket yet, then you could also fly there from Surat Thani and save yourself the bus ride. You may have to spend a night in Krabi if you have to fly from there.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,055
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.