Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Out and In Same Day Visa Renewal - Trat Province

Posted by Dunk71 on 11/6/2017 at 00:17

Hi all,

I am staying 5 weeks in Thailand and so need to do a quick 'out and in' visa run to avoid overstay charges on my 30-day Thai tourist visa.

If I could do that from Trat town (as I will be on Ko Chang) it would be very helpful.

I have no idea on ease and timings for this however so any info appreciated,

Thanks...

PS If I do just leave after 5 weeks and pay overstay charges (500 Bt / Day?) is there a problem with black mark in passport or unable to return to Thailand etc? It may be easier to just pay on departure!

#1 Dunk71 has been a member since 8/8/2005. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/6/2017 at 02:13

Rather than hassling with a day trip down to the Hat Lek border and cost of getting there plus a Cambodian visa ($30) you should be able to do a 30-day extension of your visa-exempt entry at the Trat Immigration office for 1900 baht.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Dunk71 on 11/6/2017 at 03:46

Thanks Bob, sounds a very good option. I will need to check with the Immigration Office.

Do you know if this option is also available therefore in Bangkok?

Thanks...

#3 Dunk71 has been a member since 8/8/2005. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/6/2017 at 05:58

Any Immigration office nationwide can do the extension.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by DLuek on 11/6/2017 at 23:12 TF writer

Border run or extension -- both are both hassles. So I'd try to get a 60-day tourist visa before leaving for Thailand.

#5 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.