Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ahhh please help visa confusion

Posted by AnnaWrecks on 15/6/2017 at 11:00

Hi Guys, I thought this would be the best place to ask as I'm sure someone will be able to help me.
Me and my BF are planning on travelling SE Asia for 4 months at the end of this year.
We are both UK citizens, our plan is to fly into Bangkok then fly to Myanmar for 3/4 weeks, fly back to Bangkok and fly into Cambodia, travel into Vietnam and Laos (6/8weeks) and travel over a land border back into Thailand (to Chaing Mai) and travel through Thailand for 28days before flying back to the UK.(maybe if we have the cash over to China)
So we will be flying into Bangkok twice and then traveling over a land boarder once, we will only be in Bangkok for maybe a day each on those 2 occasions and then when we get to Chaing Mai we will be in the country for 28days.
My question is, as we are only using Bangkok to fly into and out of can we use the 30day exempt visas for our whole trip on the 3 times we enter Thailand as there are at least 3 weeks or more before we come back into the country, or do we have to apply for a different visa, we do not want to stay longer than the 30 days and we are only using Bangkok as a hub to fly from?
Any advice would be amazing! thank you

#1 AnnaWrecks has been a member since 15/6/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 15/6/2017 at 11:27

You should be fine entering Thailand visa-exempt each time, 30 days free of charge. There is currently a maximum allowance of 2 such entries per calendar year *by land* but you'll only be using one of those. It may be helpful to have proof of your onward flight ex-Bangkok to Myanmar when you check in for your initial flight (ex-UK?). Proof of onward travel (POOT) is often required by airline staff when checking in for the long haul flight.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.