Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Accomodation close to Suvanabhumi Airport

Posted by ozziegirl on 1/1/2008 at 16:50

Hi there - Travelling solo in Jan and flying into Bangkok late at night and am after accomodation close to the airport. Have early flight out the following day.
Thanks heaps in advance

#1 ozziegirl has been a member since 17/12/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/1/2008 at 06:38 admin

Hi ozziegirl,

If you're after a budget guesthouse, I think you;re better served heading into Bangkok -- eg Hi Bangkok Centre or Big John's are two popular choices.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jessie604 on 3/1/2008 at 10:13

Hi - traveling solo as well in January, arriving late at night with an early flight out the next morning, and looking for something close to Suvanabhumi. Proximity matters more than cost, unfortunately. I saw the rates at Novotel and was praying that something more reasonable exists. Any luck?

#3 jessie604 has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by ChangFai on 3/1/2008 at 10:27

I was recommended this hotel close to Suwanapoom , but have not needed to try it out yet so.......

#4 ChangFai has been a member since 10/4/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 139

Posted by bill2p on 3/1/2008 at 14:45

[*Sananwan Palace*|] very nice and friendly almost-new guesthouse about 20 min by taxi from the terminal, with pool under 500 Baht, in a very interesting old village. My personal favourite. [Here's a thread with some of my personal photos|].

[*Convenient Resort*|] (great name!) is the newest entry I've found. Newly-built 4-story hotel at Lat Krabang, about 5-10 min. drive from the airport. 1000-1200 baht.

[*SP Powerlodge*|] New entry on Lat Krabang. Basic rooms, no pool. Price of 1300-1900 includes 2-way airport transfer.

[*Floral Shire Resort*|] is just on the edge of the airport, maybe 5 minutes from the terminal. 1200-1300 baht. Brand new. No pool. Motel style.

[*Queen's Garden Resort*|] only 5 min. from the airport. New, no pool, 900 baht, reportedly very basic boxy rooms and not very clean.

[*Grand Inn Come Hotel*|], kind of a typical Thai small-town hotel, no pool, 20 min. from airport, 1800 baht "Let out professional masseuses treat and pamper your stiff and stressed."

[*Avana Hotel*|], sort of the kind of suburban upscale hotel where Thais hold weddings and conferences. Pool and all the usual amenities, 1200 baht. Maybe about 25-30 min. from the airport.

[*Ibis Hotel Huamak*|] Chain hotel about 30 min from the airport. Pool, 800-1200 baht.

[*Rachana Place*|], a hostel off the Bangna-Trat highway AWAY from the city centre, self-described 25 min. from the airport, 350 baht. Free WifFi.

[*On Nut Guesthouse*|], backpacker hostel about 35-40 min. from the airport and within walking distance of the end station of the Skytrain/BTS line.

[*Nasa Vegas Hotel*|], many recommend. Said to be 15-25 min. from the airport. From 590 baht. 900 baht rooms come with a so-called jacuzzi. No pool. Construction of the new airport rail link is taking place right outside this hotel at the moment so it's probably very noisy.

#5 bill2p has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by khunwilko on 3/1/2008 at 14:49

pricey but has suites or rooms - Royal Suite Executive Apartments (Thailand - Bangkok )
(Hotel address: 135/6-7 Rama 9 - Petchburi Road, Huay Kwang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand telephone: +66 2 719 7620-4)

trifle seedy but ok for one night....

Nasa Vegas: - ¬¬¬¬¬¬

44 Ramkhamhaeng Rd.
Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 719-9888
Fax: +66 (0) 2 719-9899

both 20 t0 30 min from A/Port

#6 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by Guernseystu on 4/1/2008 at 01:30

Generally speaking hotel rooms in that area go for at least 2,000B per night, head into Bkk, dent your budget or sleep in the airport - up to you.

#7 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by khunwilko on 4/1/2008 at 08:10

nasa vaegas are about 600 to 1500 - don't go for the jacuzzi bath extra - it's just a leaky bathtub!

#8 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by ozziegirl on 4/1/2008 at 18:16

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - I'm going to check out There are a numbebr of good reviews, it's cheap and rate includes airport transfers.
Happy Travelling

#9 ozziegirl has been a member since 17/12/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by sirhalberd on 4/1/2008 at 21:42

"Thanks everyone for your suggestions - I'm going to check out There are a numbebr of good reviews, it's cheap and rate includes airport transfers.
Happy Travelling

I didn't catch what time you need to be at the airport in the morning, keep in mind if your next flight is an international flight you have to be there at least a minimum of 2+ hours before the flight boards. You didn't mention what time you arrive in Thailand either.

I often arrive at the airport around midnight and have no problem finding a meter taxi to take me to my hotel. There is a meter taxi sign up desk just outside the arrivals hall where you can sign up for a taxi into town. There is a 50 baht surcharge, you pay for any tolls that the taxi passes through (maybe 65 baht) and the meter fare - all payable when you arrive at the hotel. Total charge will be between 320 baht to maybe 380 baht depending on where the hotel is. So if your ride provided by the hotel is more than 400/450 baht you are paying too much!

If your next flight is to another city in Thailand keep in mind that there are 2 airports in Bangkok! One airport is used more often for local in country flights, that is old Don Muang. They are not close together and are on different sides of the city. Make sure you know where your flight departs from.

For anyone visiting Thailand it would be a little easier to plan on seeing Bangkok for a few days and then go to the beach area or Chiang Mai? Also, plan on staying in Bangkok on your last evening in Thailand so there is no problems making connections with your flight home. This would also give you a chance for some last minute shopping or possible day tour.

Good luck.

#10 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Posted by roho on 5/1/2008 at 21:05

hi, I am travelling solo. I stayed at Queen resort for one night on November 12th. The free pick up at the airport went extremely smoothly. You pay 100/150 baht for transport back to airport. room was fine, not dyamic but fine, restaurant was fine. Staff were friendly, 7/11 nearby in case you need it. I will use them again on my journey home

#11 roho has been a member since 23/12/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by jessie604 on 5/1/2008 at 22:51

Queen looks good - I think I will stay there also. Thanks everybody :)

Has anyone taken the ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi? I'm curious what the latest ferry departing is, i see different things on different websites and travel guides. some say 1:30 is the latest, some say there is a 2:30 ferry. Also, how much time is really necessary from Phuket airport to the ferry?

#12 jessie604 has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by ozziegirl on 6/1/2008 at 09:10

Thanks for the tips Sirhalberd, my flight from Oz gets in at 2310 and then I depart 0740 to Phuket, same airport.
Never know Jess we might cross paths at Queengarden!

#13 ozziegirl has been a member since 17/12/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by Babalou on 6/1/2008 at 22:13

We had a flight delayed from Krabi up to BKK on the 1st of January and didn't want to go all the way back to our guesthouse on Kao Sahn Rd for just one night, as we'd planned, since our flight home was at 11am on the 2nd. We ended up asking at the hotel desk for a room. They put us in a place called (weirdly) SP PowerLodge. It was clean, and about $75 US for a king-size bed, A/C, TV, fridge. Pricer than a guest house, but much cheaper than Novotel. They had free transport to/from the airport, and your price included breakfast and a free massage. The ride was under ten minutes.

#14 Babalou has been a member since 27/10/2007. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.