Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Lighthouse bungalows

Posted by mikal83 on 26/6/2017 at 05:14

Have just read the latest blog from TF and its section on Koh Phangan and wanted to check out if they praised where we stayed at the Lighthouse bungalows and to our dismay, they weren't mentioned.
Well I will. We stayed there for 4 nights and we were very happy with the owners, staff, food and most of all the accom. Perched on a steep slope built into cliff edge, the large room with ensuites had a view to die for.
As it can only be reached by foot or small motorbike, its very quiet and a real retreat.
Don't miss it

#1 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 140
 Send mikal83 a private message   Where has mikal83 been? 

Posted by exacto on 26/6/2017 at 14:50

Hey mikal,

Do you have more information on this place? Which bay or beach is it near? What types of bungalows are they? (thatch, concrete, wood?) What do the bungalows cost per night? Hot water? Wi-fi? Is the place big or small. Let us know. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,772
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mikal83 on 26/6/2017 at 16:37

Best if you just googled it as all I would do is the same and then ccp.
Some reviewers left bad reviews but we enjoyed the place. Wifi is in the meeting place/café area. The building s are block with proper roofs. WE enjoyed the food and the owners little girl is such a sweetie

#3 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 140

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/6/2017 at 02:48 admin

We used to list Lighthouse but removed it some time ago. It may have been quiet when you were there, but they also host after parties there—when I dropped in around 9/10am the place was packed with a lot of people who really needed to have gone to bed about ten hours earlier and the music was deafening. I realise it isn't like that all the time, but yes, it didn't make the cut.

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,003
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mikal83 on 27/6/2017 at 03:50

hey ho, cheers Stuart for the reply. We did enjoy staying there, we just couldn't understand the Ok ish reviews they have on one or two, (probably the same companies), websites.

#5 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 140

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.