Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Mountains and Islands – a two week sampler

Posted by mvlu on 8/8/2017 at 22:03

Hello!

I am traveling to Thailand with my boyfriend for two weeks, and we would like to do the two week sampler itinerary (Mountains and Islands) that is proposed in this website. Could anyone help me with the day by day planning? I just want to know how many nights per place it's ok. We would fly from Bangkok to Chiang Mai . Thank you!

1) Bangkok -> Chiang Mai

2) Chiang Mai -> Pai

3) Pai -> Mae Hong Son

4) Mae Hong Son -> Chiang Mai

5a) Chiang Mai -> Bangkok -> Surat Thani -> Ko Samui/Ko Pha Ngan/Ko Tao (beaches, scenery, diving)

6a) Ko Samui / Ko Pha Ngan / Ko Tao -> Chumphon (caves, beaches, local flavour)

7a) Chumphon -> Bangkok

#1 mvlu has been a member since 21/7/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by BillGood on 17/8/2017 at 19:51

2 to 3 nights in each place. Your list is too long for 2 weeks.

#2 BillGood has been a member since 22/6/2017. Posts: 14

Posted by telmi on 17/8/2017 at 23:11

I really don't think the hills around C. Mai and Pai could be called mountains as they're not tall or dramatic. Even if Mae Hong Son has bigger hills that qualify as mountains you're overall visit to N. Thailand couldn't be called a mountain visit. Suspect you could fly direct from C. Mai to Koh Samui the same day with airport transit only in Bangkok so you could exclude Bangkok & Surat Thani from your list as places to visit on that leg.

#3 telmi has been a member since 1/1/2013. Posts: 37

Posted by abenortown on 27/8/2017 at 08:15

Doi Inthanon is about 2500 meter (near C. Mai)

And you can learn from the Private tours plan (search google or ask, I will Send you) about how to plan the north route
But 6-7 day for C. Mai to Mae Hong Son

And 6 days for the South (Pay for the Flights from C. Mai to Samui )
You Do not have the days for traveling by bus...

The South : 3 days Samui (1 day 42 Isalnds Tour) , 3 Days Ko Pha Ngan(with 1 day tour to Ko Tao)

Bank to Bkk

#4 abenortown has been a member since 27/8/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by Megaworldasia365 on 29/8/2017 at 02:34

It's the rainy season in the north of thailand until mid october so mountain trekking is off the list until it finishes. Doi inthanon is Thailands highest peak but it is hardly spectacular. You can rent a motorbike in chiang mai and drive up to the temple near the top. Pai is a chillout place and had some hot springs. There are no caves there. For those you need to go further west to an area called Pangmapha. To save time, fly with Bangkok Air from Chiang Mai to Samui. Late october to end january is the rainy season in the gulf of thailand.

Safe travels

Mega

#5 Megaworldasia365 has been a member since 26/8/2017. Posts: 25

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.