Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Hong Island + 4 Island sunset trip same day

Posted by thomas9059 on 18/8/2017 at 11:39

Hi, can anyone please advise those tour agencies which has the 4 island and hong island tours combined and how much cost for that? Actually I want to take the full day tour for both hong and 4 Islands(Poda, Chicken, Tup & Phra nang)tour as compared to taking both tours on separate days. We are couple and budget traveller. So I can not afford 15000 baht spending for 2 person(private boat). We have no problem to share and we want this trip by long tail boat. So please help me with tour operators name and cost.
Thanks in advance.

#1 thomas9059 has been a member since 12/7/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by BillGood on 18/8/2017 at 19:10

Any agent sells tours like that. I paid 600 baht for Hong on longtail. Doing extra islands would be slow on longtail so do speedboat. Perhaps 1200 or 1400 baht for many islands.

#2 BillGood has been a member since 22/6/2017. Posts: 14

Posted by DLuek on 19/8/2017 at 03:42 TF writer

I'm not sure it's possible by longtail boat because it's pretty far from Ko Hong down to Ko Poda etc.; I've never seen a one-day tour by longtail including all of those islands. The companies offering those tours (I think they call them "7 island tour") use speedboats and they charge more than 2,000 baht per person for group tours. I don't recall the names of tour companies offering it but you can easily book it in person through any travel office in Ao Nang or Railay.

Also, 15,000 baht for a private longtail is a very high price. Last I checked, a day tour by private longtail to the 4 islands cost less than 2,000 baht (per boat, not per person) from either Railay or Ao Nang. A private longtail to Ko Hong with stops at some of the other little islands cost 2,800 baht from Ao Nang, 2,500 from Haad Noppharat Thara and only about 2,000 from Khlong Muang. The 4 islands group tour by longtail costs only around 500 baht per person, and the Ko Hong group tour by longtail costs around 700 baht per person. So taking two separate trips would be the most economical option.

Wondering if you're planning to do this trip soon... Because it's stormy season down there and the Krabi area is notorious for tourist boat accidents this time of year.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,346

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.