Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

2 weeks in Phuket with plans to move there, what do you suggest?

Posted by Lukesy18 on 24/8/2017 at 10:18

My boyfriend and I have 2 weeks booked in Phuket as our company are opening an office there in the future so we are going to have a look at where we would like to live and whether we can make the move.

We like the look of Kata and Karon Beach so plan to have a few days so we can see what it would be like.

I haven't been there since I was 12 so can anyone suggest where would be good places to go and how long to stay in each place as we don't want to book accommodation for 2 nights in each to find its too long/short in each place. Looking at spending 1200-2600btbh a night for rooms so mid budget.

Plan to go to Phi Phi for a couple of nights, and do a couple of island visits with a night on Coral Beach but wont have time to go to the islands further out as we take off and land in Phuket Int Airport so not going via Bangkok. Thinking of starting in Karon, Kata, Rawai areas (shoule we stay in 1 hotel or book hotels in each beach? we will have 3 cases) then Phuket town going to Khai Nok Nui, Phi Phi for a couple of nights then Coral Island then back up to the North at the end? Is that sensible or madness? I cant quite grasp the distance between everything.

Advice from those in the know would be much appreciated!

#1 Lukesy18 has been a member since 17/8/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by Megaworldasia365 on 29/8/2017 at 06:26

Hi,
I live in Phuket. If you haven't been there for a few years you are in for shock. The place is becoming more crowded, congested with traffic, and chaotic than ever. I live in Kathu and it takes an hour in a taxi to get to my condo from the airport.

Karon and kata are still nice beaches but are becoming built up with more and more development. If you are coming in the rainy season its not so bad as less crowded. Plenty of mid range price hotels and bungalows to choose from.

Phi phi is a nice spot but if you come in the rainy season you won't be able to visit the best spots on the western side of the island due to wind and waves. The tour boats won't go there. If you coming in high season then no problems.

There's no problems with getting transport out to phi phi or any other attractions you want to visit as there are tour agents everywhere who can book your trip or transport for you.

Safe travels.

Mega.

#2 Megaworldasia365 has been a member since 26/8/2017. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.