Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Back Packing Thailand HELP

Posted by KCGuy on 31/8/2017 at 15:00

So, me and a few friends are flying in to Bangkok in November. We are staying in Thailand for 2 weeks. We dont really have a plan, we want to have an amazing experience with elephants (true sanctuaries, not ride elephants), maybe get tattoos, beaches, bungee jump, eat, etc. We would like to stay away from big resorts and are willing to fly, boat, motor bike anywhere. really open to whatever. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

#1 KCGuy has been a member since 31/8/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by exacto on 31/8/2017 at 18:04

Hey KC,

Start by reading the itineraries section above and see what catches your eye from the suggestions there. Two weeks isn't that much time, so I'd recommend picking just a few places to visit. Bangkok, Kanchanaburi or Ayutthaya, then beach adventure at the end is a typical and pretty good loop many people make with the time you have.

I hope that is enough to get you started. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,753
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by fotofancy on 16/9/2017 at 01:51

Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Phuket (or Krabi) - Bangkok would fit your two weeks plan. Spend 4 days in the north for nature and culture (Chiang Mai), 4 days in the south for sea sand sun (Phuket, Krabi) and 2 + 2 days in Bangkok for shopping and sight seeing.

For Chiang Mai, take a look at this block https://www.mangoguide.com/en/Travel-Guide/15045249691663/10_best_things_to_do_when_you_go_to_chiang_mai

It might give you some ideas. You can use Chiang Mai as the base to go to Chiang Rai and Mae Hong Son as well.

#3 fotofancy has been a member since 13/5/2016. Posts: 9

Posted by fotofancy on 16/9/2017 at 02:14

For elephant sanctuary I would recommend Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. It's the elephant care center with say clearly 'no riding'. The other is Patara Elephant Farm. Heard it's good but a bit expensive.

#4 fotofancy has been a member since 13/5/2016. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.