Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best affordable guesthouse in Bangkok.

Posted by Cateyze9 on 15/9/2017 at 02:21

Hi, I'm looking to stay in affordable private bedroom in Bangkok. Preferably easy to get to from the airport. I arrive at 9:30 at night and am a solo female traveler, so I want to make sure I reserve a safe place. Thank you

#1 Cateyze9 has been a member since 18/7/2017. Posts: 6

Posted by amnicoll on 16/9/2017 at 04:40

how much do you want to pay?
Is the location important?

As for the airport take an official airport taxi from the line and do not take anything else

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 873
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by exacto on 16/9/2017 at 16:31

As amnicoll says, if we knew what part of the city you want and the price range you are looking for, it would help us make more appropriate suggestions for you.

I also agree that taking an official airport taxi from the line is the best way to go, particularly for a single female traveler arriving later in the evening as you are.

One place I like to stay in Bangkok is KT Guesthouse. It is listed on Travelfish at https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/victory_monument/all/7823

KT is located in the Din Daeng/Huai Kwang area of the city. That area isn't popular with western travelers, but it is a varied and authentic neighborhood. The hotel is basic, clean, and offers good value for money.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,755
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by kelliepnz on 14/11/2017 at 13:49

I always stay on phar artit rd banglaphu area, @ New Siam 2. Taxi from airport is around 450 baht takes 30 min. The guest house is very comfortable affordable and safe costs around 1000baht per night. I have checked in all hours of the night & reception is open. It has a good basic restaurant and swimming pool. Close to koh san road markets and street food. Enjoy

#4 kelliepnz has been a member since 23/1/2015. Posts: 4
 Where has kelliepnz been? 

Posted by ambersaffron on 18/11/2017 at 20:21

I agree, I love New Siam 2!! Have stayed there a few times. I also like Suk 11 in the Sukhumvit area. Really good location and good place to meet people.

#5 ambersaffron has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 14
 Send ambersaffron a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 19/11/2017 at 00:21

^Didn't the Suk 11 hostel shut down earlier this year?
http://www.suk11.com

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,943

Posted by DLuek on 19/11/2017 at 07:24 TF writer

Yes, Suk 11 Hostel closed. They still have a restaurant open near where the old one was located.

#7 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,287
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.