Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best itinerary one week andaman sea mid-november

Posted by Nabil on 24/9/2017 at 09:17

hello,

We are a couple planning to spend one wwek by mid november in the andaman sea after having spend one week in the Chiang Mai Region.
As my stay begins late in the day in Krabi airport, I thought spending a first night in krabi town and then spend 3 nights in Railay west, afterwhich We want to discover a beautiful island with stunning water/beach, nearby good snorkeling, offering a minimum night life (hesitating between Ko Kradan, Ko Jum, Ko Ngai...).
Your suggestions would be very helpful!
Thanks.

Nabil

#1 Nabil has been a member since 4/8/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/9/2017 at 20:23 admin

Hi Nabil,

If you're primarily after snorkelling I'd be leaning towards Ko Kradan or Ko Ngai —both have better snorkelling than Ko Jum.

However, if you mean you have a week for all your southern trip, matters will be a bit tight. For example:

Day 1 Krabi
Day 2 Railay
Day 3 Railay
Day 4 Railay
Day 5 Island
Day 6 Island
Day 7 Island

If you head to Ko Ngai or Ko Kradan from Railay/Krabi you will lose a significant portion of your day to get there, so I'd be inclined to shave a day off Railay and give to to Kradan or Ngai.

Or, consider skipping Railay completely (or do it on a day trip from Krabi) and then go to two islands instead.

Hope this helps!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,901
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Nabil on 25/9/2017 at 16:16

Thanks a lot for your useful and detailed reply!
Sure that We're after decent snorkeling but which one of Kradan or Ngai offers better night life (we are not looking after parties, just some bars/ restaurants will be largely enough for us) and which one can be better for discovering neighboring islands during a day trip?

#3 Nabil has been a member since 4/8/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/9/2017 at 02:15 admin

Well neither Ko Kradan nor Ko Ngai are known for their nightlife, these are both very low key islands.

The cluster of islands out from Trang primarily encompass Ko Muk Ko Kradan Ko Ngai Ko Lao Liang and Ko Rok so from the first three you can charter boats to visit the others (or join a tour when offered).

My advice would be to peruse the accommodation on each island and settle on an island on that basis. Ko Kradan is perhaps more beach bummish while Ngai a bit more mid-range/family in pricing. But this is a very subjective area!

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,901
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Nabil on 26/9/2017 at 11:58

Thanks a lot for your kind support!

#5 Nabil has been a member since 4/8/2017. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.