Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Khao Sok as a solo traveler

Posted by pobrien1902 on 17/11/2017 at 03:04

Does anyone have suggestions for a solo traveler in Khao Sok? Specifically, I’m interested in touring the lake and possibly staying the night on a floating house but would like to do so economically. I’m not crazy about the idea of taking a typical one day tour with 15 other tourists but would love to split the cost with a few other people-perhaps by hiring a boat at the pier. Is anyone there now that would be interested? Or has anyone been recently who might shed some light on what a typical price is for both the day your and the day/night tour? Thanks!

#1 pobrien1902 has been a member since 4/5/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by N6017J on 17/11/2017 at 06:56

I was there about two or three years ago. I’d rented a small motorcycle and was riding around the area (Hwy 401, just beautiful) and I rode out to the national park to stay in one of the forest resorts. Our Jungle House had a beautiful cabin available which they gave me for a good discount, 1000 baht. At the front desk, they were able to get me on a small group tour of the lake, including a stay at one of the floating hotels, two nights, cost was around $70 US. It was a great trip, meals included, and there were only six other people in our boat with me (and also driver and guide). Well worth the money.

#2 N6017J has been a member since 7/1/2017. Posts: 1

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.