Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

From Phuket airport to Koh Jum

Posted by Annammeer on 24/11/2017 at 06:37

hey guys,

I will land in Phuket on 12. 2.with my 4 year old daughter and we have 2days to get to Koh Jum.

As far as I found out,we need to travel to Krabi and catch a boat, right?

Or are there shortcuts?

As it is her first long flight and her first time in thailand I thought to chill down and stay for 1 or 2 nights at a place close to the airport or direction to Krabi.

Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay?

Or the best way to Koh jum?

Thanks a lot*

Anna

#1 Annammeer has been a member since 24/11/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 24/11/2017 at 08:23 TF writer

Yup, bus to Krabi then boat to Ko Jum. Or, other way would be boat to Ko Lanta and then boat to Ko Jum. The second way would be more expensive, but a couple of days on Lanta might not be a bad idea? Krabi town is a nice enough place to spend a night too, and going through there would be a bit easier I'd say.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,292
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Annammeer on 25/11/2017 at 08:14

Thank you!
Did anyone heard of or better tried out the direct speedboat from Phuket to Koh jum?
https://amazinglanta.com/phuket-ao-po-pier-to-koh-jum-speedboat-ferry-transfer/

#3 Annammeer has been a member since 24/11/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderer143 on 16/1/2018 at 15:12

Yes, take a ferry boat from Krabi to Ko Jum. You can check the ferry schedule at the PhuketFerry website. The travel time only takes about 1 hour. The views are amazing too.

#4 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 99

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.