Text page


Thailand forum

travel insurance for a 69 year old

Posted by tanglz on 4/1/2018 at 09:59

We are looking for recommendations for a travel insurance company for my father who is 69 and resident in france. World nomads won't insure him as he is over 66 and saga won't insure him as he isn't a residant of the UK! We will be travelling for 1 month in Thailand with him....

#1 tanglz has been a member since 1/10/2015. Posts: 8

Posted by amnicoll on 5/1/2018 at 01:17

You should search French insurance companies-apart from that I can not help I'm afraid

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2018 at 18:37 admin

Hmm tricky one it seems!

After a bit of Googling, I could find quite a few travel insurance companies which would insure older travellers—just not older travellers in France!

I did find Globelink which appear to offer it, but I have no idea about the company sorry.

For Australian, UK & UK older travellers SureSave and Covermore have been recommended in the past.

How this is of some help.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,089

Posted by tanglz on 8/1/2018 at 03:14

many thanks, have gone with globelink, the prices are reasonable for the age range and it seems a comprehensive policy.

#4 tanglz has been a member since 1/10/2015. Posts: 8

Posted by Danila on 22/2/2018 at 03:56

Greetings, I see you've made a decision, for others (or for you at another time) you could try Tokio Marine HCC Medical Insurance Services. Google HCCMIS. Here's a link if TF will allow it: https://www.hccmis.com/
I'm 61, husband is 68, we've been using this for our past 4 years of continuous travel. As far as I can see there's no restriction on age, the premiums will just go up a bit. You can price it out online with variations to suit you, and book it online too. We had to claim in late 2016, and all went well :)
hope this helps, Danila

#5 Danila has been a member since 17/10/2016. Location: Global Village. Posts: 28

Posted by SBE on 27/2/2018 at 18:37

Sorry, late reply, but it might be helpful if your father needs to travel in the future.

French credit cards usually include quite decent travel insurance for trips of up to 90 days and I don't think there's any upper age limit. It's worth paying extra for a premium/gold/platinum card because the coverage is much better than with ordinary cards.

#6 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,055

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.