Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai food tours?

Posted by Danila on 22/2/2018 at 04:18

Greetings,
sorry if this has already been posted about, I searched several times, different key words, but couldn't find anything.
Currently enjoying Chiang Mai. We have another 10 days or so here, have been enjoying wandering around, and following some of TF's recommendations.
Does anyone have a recommendation for either a walking or perhaps cycling foodie tour of Chiang Mai? We often eat at night market stalls, but not speaking the language makes it a bit tricky to dive deeper into the local cuisine, and we'd love to get a good local take on it.
All suggestions gratefully received, thanks!
Danila

#1 Danila has been a member since 17/10/2016. Location: Global Village. Posts: 28
 Send Danila a private message   Website 

Posted by exacto on 23/2/2018 at 22:17

Danila,

I did a food tour in Bangkok on my last trip, but unfortunately don't know of any in Chiang Mai I can recommend. However, I know that my sweetie and a friend did a half-day cooking school class on a trip to Chiang Mai and really enjoyed it. It included a guided visit to a local market to pick out fresh ingredients, and hands on preparation of food, which they then got to eat. If you don't find a food tour, this may be a fun and rewarding alternative, and give you a chance to ask questions and get recommendations on local cuisine. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Danila on 24/2/2018 at 21:12

Hi Exacto,
that would certainly be a good solution. Been thinking about a cooking class too.
Many thanks, Danila

#3 Danila has been a member since 17/10/2016. Location: Global Village. Posts: 28
 Send Danila a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.