Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Advise for a family traveling June-July

Posted by yearn2travel on 22/3/2018 at 06:23

Our family plans to travel mid June to mid July to SEA. We have always made our own set itinerary but with it being the rainy season we thought crowds would be lower and traveling without a set plan could provide more flexibility to change depending on the weather. Would anyone advise going to Khao San Road to pick an island to visit in late June? Are there plenty of travel agents in that area that could steer us to a quite beach that has a local vibe? Is booking with a travel agent in there area safe from scams? I thought we might be able to snag a good deal and we could have a better idea what the weather was going to do by booking once we are in Thailand. Also, can we buy international flights around SEA here too? We want to also visit Laos and Cambodia, but wanted to purchase flights on the spot. Any recommendations as to how to do this- other than just using the internet? We have never traveled without booking hotels & flights ahead of time, so this idea is a little daunting. Any advise would be appreciated.

#1 yearn2travel has been a member since 18/2/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/3/2018 at 06:48 admin

Hi,

Sure, you could go to an agent on Khao San and they’d be able to package you off to an island—being June it would most likely be Ko Samet Ko Samui Ko Pha Ngan or Ko Tao —all of which are pretty well covered here on the site.

I don’t know that you’d necessarily get a better deal that way as the agents are generally working with a set selection of properties...but always a possibility.

My advice would be to read up on what we have on the site here, see if we recommend a place that fits etc, and if you still come up empty, try the agents on Khao San.

Some examples for further reading:
Family accom on KPN
Family accom on Samui

As far as flights go, yes, you can book once in the region, though, like anything, they fill up and prices can get expensive at the last minute. Your mileage will vary.

How old are your kids? With a bit more info I can probably make some more useful suggestions.

Lastly, our planning section has plenty of info for first-timers to the region. The main page is here—scroll to the bottom for all the various sections.

More questions, ask away!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.