Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

West to East ferry services in the Gulf of Thailand ?

Posted by sandyfreckle on 20/5/2018 at 18:59

Can anyone tell me if its possible to catch a Ferry across The Gulf of Thailand from Prachuap Khiri Khan or Chumphon to Trat......, or vice verse ?

#1 sandyfreckle has been a member since 9/11/2010. Posts: 19
 Send sandyfreckle a private message 

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by DLuek on 20/5/2018 at 21:26 TF writer

The only cross-Gulf ferry goes between Hua Hin and Pattaya, here's some recent info on it: https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/pattaya-to-hua-hin-ferry-tickets/

If you're going from Chumphon or Prachuap to Trat I suppose this ferry could save a little time. Once in Pattaya you could find a van to Trat or take one of the more frequent vans to Chanthaburi and transfer there to a bus bound for Trat.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by amnicoll on 21/5/2018 at 06:14

Just to add I am not sure how frequent the vans to Chanthaburi are from Pattaya so if there is not a van you can also get one to Rayong and transfer there for Chanthaburi

If you are heading to Koh Chang you might miss the last boat across unless there are night sailings that I am not aware of

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 971
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.