Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Beach Recommendations on Phuklet

Posted by jahoran on 21/5/2018 at 08:34

Good morning all,

My wife and I are visiting Myanmar in September (not an ideal time we know but the only weeks we could get holidays :( ). It seems like Ngapali will be closed down for the Monsoon season so we are flying home via Phuket to take a few nights to relax.

What I was hoping to get was a recommendation for a nice beach or a nice hotel for 3 nights. We would like somewhere relaxing and luxurious but don't want to feel 'trapped' at the hotel and would like to be able to walk to other restaurants or shops.

Budget is around $150 a night which looks like it should get a decent spot. Many thanks

#1 jahoran has been a member since 12/4/2014. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by amnicoll on 22/5/2018 at 06:11

September is the wettest month for Phuket and if it was me I would probably plump for somewhere in town with plenty of local shops and resturants and head to the beach if the weather was nice

https://www.travelfish.org/weather/thailand#getting-10

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 971
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/5/2018 at 16:37 admin

Hi,
Yes, as mentioned by amnicoll, you’ll be in Phuket in peak wet season, so unfortunately will have very similar weather to what will be hitting Ngapali—plenty of rain and rough seas.

Weather aside, I'd be looking for digs on Kamala or Surin beaches as they both have plenty of accommodation (though in the later case, mostly off the beach) and have plenty of eateries and so on, but they lack the sleaze and mass tourism you’ll encounter on some of the island’s other beaches. The other option, as suggested above, would be to stay in Phuket Town, which has loads of great eating, museums and so on and, if the weather comes fine, head to one of the beaches for the day.

If you haven’t already booked your tickets, I’d consider perhaps going to an east coast island— Ko Samui for example also has an airport, which should have considerably better weather than time of year.

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,046
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.