Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Sand flies on Koh Kut

Posted by kjay on 31/5/2018 at 18:55

Hi, I'm travelling with my family to Thailand in January. We are looking at going to Koh Kut for a week and are interested to know how bad the sand flies are. We spent a week on Koh Mak in 2010 and were covered in bites by the end - I also reacted badly to the bites, needing to attend the clinic for medication. Is Koh Kut similar with sand flies?? Thanks!

#1 kjay has been a member since 20/2/2018. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 1/6/2018 at 09:57 TF writer

When I was on Ko Kut and Ko Mak this past February, sand flies didn't seem to be as much of a problem on Kut, which is a much bigger island with so many different beaches. I did see people leaving Mak covered in bites. I like Mak, but overall, the beaches on Kut are vastly superior. Do book well ahead there for January - the resorts fill up.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,322
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by kelliepnz on 13/8/2018 at 16:21

Just spent 3 nights koh kut early August. Did not notice the sandflys to be any worse than any other part of Thailand. I did not visit Koh mak. Hope this is some help, have fun

#3 kelliepnz has been a member since 23/1/2015. Posts: 11
 Where has kelliepnz been? 

Posted by slowflyer on 27/8/2018 at 10:17

Been to Koh Kut 3 times. Incidentally strongly recommend the Shantaa family-run by sisters. No pool but on the beach. Flies a bit of an issue but much.

#4 slowflyer has been a member since 27/8/2018. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.