Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

recommendations for a doctor for minor surgery in Chiangmai

Posted by donsdancing on 19/6/2018 at 04:44

Hi. I am visiting Chiangmai late July. I need some minor surgery done on a toe.
Any recommendations for a doctor or clinic? Cheers Don

#1 donsdancing has been a member since 1/4/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 19/6/2018 at 15:29

I would start with Chiang Mai Ram Hospital. They have a full range of services, and are used to treating English-speaking patients. I have friends who lived in Chiang Mai for many years, and they were quite pleased there.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,768
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by donsdancing on 20/6/2018 at 18:27

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out Cheers Don

#3 donsdancing has been a member since 1/4/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 21/6/2018 at 00:59

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=hospitals+in+chiang+mai
You're spoilt for choice of good quality private hospitals and clinics here. Ram has been for years the de facto choice for many expats due to it's convenient location and farang-friendly services, but they tend to sting you at the pharmacy window. I prefer Sri Phat Medical Center just a few blocks south of Ram. The newer Bangkok Hospital out on the ring highway east of town is getting a good reputation although not the cheapest. If you just need a minor consultation / procedure check out Dr. Sharin (Thai/Indian, educated in New York) who does morning and evening hours at his clinic SE corner of the old city. http://www.chiangmailocator.com/chiang-mai-hospitals-clinics-1906:savitri-sharin-clinic

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,954

Posted by donsdancing on 21/6/2018 at 04:41

Thanks Captain Bob. I may go to Dr. Sharin first for consultation, then make a decision. Cheers Don

#5 donsdancing has been a member since 1/4/2015. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.