Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

A day in Phuket... looking for a place to secure baggage while moseying around

Posted by mtbakerstu on 29/6/2018 at 14:39

I have my flight booked to Thailand! And as I'm sure many have experienced, the flights back to the states depart at odd hours. I have a flight that departs at 1 am. This leaves me with a full day in Phuket before moseying over to the airport in the late hours to catch this flight. Does anyone have input regarding where I might stow my baggage while I explore a day in Phuket? I won't be staying at a hotel where I might ask them to hold onto my baggage while I explore.

Enthused for any suggestions for what to explore in Phuket that day as well, of course!

Thanks again for all the great suggestions, and this amazing forum, as I map out my first trip to Thailand!

Mtbakerstu

#1 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 20
 Send mtbakerstu a private message 

Posted by exacto on 29/6/2018 at 20:29

I'd get a day room if you can find a place that offers one, or just get a room and check out that evening right before you go to the airport. With a cheap room, you have a place to keep your stuff, and get in a nice shower and maybe even an afternoon nap before the long flight back home. Hostels are good for this too, as you'll get a locker to secure your stuff and still have a chance to nap or shower. Sorry, I don't have a specific place to recommend, but the listings on Travelfish are usually spot on accurate. You'll just need to decide if you plan to hang out in Phuket Town or at one of the beach areas. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mtbakerstu on 1/7/2018 at 13:31

Thanks Exacto! Yes, could do that if I can't find a cheap stow. I know rooms can be inexpensive, so that might prove an excellent plan. Would love a hot shower before getting on my flight....What would you do with a day (or maybe two) in Phuket? :D My trip's not until December, but I'm having a blast mapping out the itinerary.

Mtbakerstu

#3 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 20

Posted by amnicoll on 2/7/2018 at 06:23

Certainly a cheap room is a sound option but hot shower unlikely in many of the cheap places

What interests you?

You could lie on the beach
you could wonder around the town
you could head out on a trip to Phang Nga Bay
you could read up on Travelfish or other sites and see what you have missed!

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 925
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by exacto on 2/7/2018 at 20:42

Also, remember that the airport is at the northwest corner of the island, a fair distance from town. I haven't visited them in years, but there are a few beaches and villages near the airport that get pretty good reviews.

As amnicoll says, there is a great deal of information on Travelfish to help you answer these questions and decide what looks best to you. If it were me, I might consider a day tour to take me to the island highlights. Ta.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by mtbakerstu on 5/7/2018 at 17:55

Thanks Amnicoll, thanks Exacto.

I’ll be coming from some awesome beach destinations, so I’ll likely paint the town... Phang Nga Bay does look amazing.

#6 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.