Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help with itinerary! I've lost my way!

Posted by Meander on 2/8/2018 at 02:17

I'm travelling to Thailand next February (4 adults, 2 children aged 7 & 11)

My husband and I travelled through Thailand this year.. North, South & and inbetween & saw some amazing things.

As we will have 2 children with us this time we want to avoid lots of connecting flights & long road journeys.

My plan is to fly to BKK-SUVARNABHUMI, 1 night there, fly to chumphon & spend 5 nights on Ko Tao, on to Koh Phangan (quieter part of the island!) onto Koh Samui & then 3 nights at Khao Sok national park (bamboo rafting, elephant bathing.. No riding!)

Does this seem possible with 3 weeks to do it in?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

I am usually good at planning but it's easier with just 2 of us to plan for. This is a big surprise for my family.. They only know we are in thailand for 3 weeks so I want it to be magical.

#1 Meander has been a member since 27/6/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/8/2018 at 15:08 admin

Hi,

Yes that sounds totally doable, especially in three weeks—I've seen people try and do that in one week!

Some (minor) thoughts:

As far as I know, only Nok Air and Thai Air Asia fly to Chumphon and both fly from Bangkok’s other airport, so while you have an overnight stay in Bangkok already planned, have you considered taking a night or day train south to Chumphon instead of flying? Especially with the kids a day train would probably be more interesting than another flight and the connections to the ferries and so on are really pretty smooth.

If you caught a day train—a good day train leaves Bangkok around 8am and arrives in Chumphon at around 3pm, you could then have a night in Chumphon as well (which has a great night market) before continuing on the next morning to Ko Tao.

My second suggestion would be to consider skipping Ko Samui. or, if you don't dive, Ko Tao, and instead having just two islands on the Gulf Coast. I suggest this mainly because you'll just lose the time moving from one to another... If you were to drop Ko Tao, do consider the boat trip from Samui to the Ang Thong Islands—again a great one for kids.

No suggestions re Khao Sok National Park —am sure will be a hit.

More questions, ask away.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,996
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.