Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

New: Bangkok to the islands the slow way

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/8/2018 at 01:02 admin

We’ve been slowly working through our itineraries to make them a bit more useful and just wanted to plug the latest one, which we’ve titled Bangkok to the islands the slow way.

Most travellers head from Bangkok to Chumphon or Surat Thani by an overnight train or bus (or via a quick flight) skating past quite a few interesting spots along the way. So what we did was take the existing route, but figured out how you could spend three weeks doing it rather than 12 hours.

I imagine some of these towns will be familiar to Travelfish regulars, but we hope there are at least a few new points of interest for everyone—I especially like David’s piece on exploring the Tapi River around Surat Thani.

You can read the full itinerary here.

Cheers

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,959
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by fondo on 15/8/2018 at 07:00

Yep, a nice trip including one of my old favourite stretches from PKK to Chumphon. Renting a car in Hua Hin has worked out fine for me - south of Surat Thani is good too!

#2 fondo has been a member since 23/6/2006. Posts: 176
 Where has fondo been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.