Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Dentist recommendations in Chiang Mai

Posted by JKretzer on 20/8/2018 at 23:24

Hello

I will be in Chiang Mai for about a month and would like to get some dental work done. Teeth cleaning, a crown and one filling. Does anyone recommend any clinic or dentist? Does anyone know the average cost for the work?

Thanks

#1 JKretzer has been a member since 11/8/2018. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by telmi on 21/8/2018 at 22:42

I've had good luck with Rimfa Dental located on Jhaban Road between 3 Kings Monument and Wat Chedi Luang - dead center on this map - https://www.hobomaps.com/ChiangMaiCentralMap.html. Cleaning and small filling might cost about 1,000 baht while crowns go from about 6,000 baht for metal & porcelain crown to 12,0000 baht for all ceramic crown.

#2 telmi has been a member since 1/1/2013. Posts: 32

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by wanderer143 on 13/12/2018 at 02:40

Hi! Well, I think that the local clinics are fine for basic cleaning but if you're planning to have some fillings or a major dental work, I suggest that you pick a first rate dental clinic. I recommend Thantakit Dental Center. Impressive facilities and English-speaking dentists. If you can possibly come to Bangkok to have it done there, it's ideal. For me, it's extremely important to choose the best place for healthcare/dental care needs, and the like. Cheers.

#3 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 117

Posted by paulascott on 13/12/2018 at 10:19

Hi my family and I have used this place on several trips to Chiang Mai. Dental 4 u http://www.chiangmaidental4you.com/ They were absolutely fantastic and way cheaper than anywhere else I've had my teeth done. We have had crowns, fillings, deep cleans and extractions. The prices are on the website and the care and service 2nd to none. You can email them and make an appointment before hand. My daughter has also had braces in Bangkok and as a family we always have health care in Thailand on our travels. I'm not often on Travelfish but thought I should give you my recommendation. Thoroughly recommend and I will be using them again on my visit in April. Regards Paula W

#4 paulascott has been a member since 22/9/2006. Posts: 21

Posted by nwlodge on 14/12/2018 at 02:10

Have used Dental 4 U on Thae Pae Rd frequently for major dental work over the last 6 years including implants bridges and crowns
The clinic is immaculately clean. The staff are unfailingly helpful.
The Dentists are totally professional and exceptionally qualified in modern dental techniques.
I have had no problem with any of the work done and more than delighted with the results and have no hesitation in giving my wholehearted endorsement
Don't just take my word for it .Read the reviews on Facebook and their website recommending Dr Warut and his team at Dental 4 U
Regards and good luck
Norman

#5 nwlodge has been a member since 16/9/2018. Posts: 3

Posted by dwezzel on 23/12/2018 at 14:27

I also highly recommend Rimfa Dental Clinic. I've been going to him for about 13 years and have recommended him to visitors who come to visit us. He has state of the art equipment and very reasonable prices. You can email them and he will send you a price list.rimfhadential@hotmail.com Cleaning runs at 600 baht and usually takes under a hour. Their phone number is 053327300 or 053327048. A block past 3 Kings, past the Black Temple, around the corner of the Kow Soy Restaurant (Also Recommended!). about 30ft you'll see their sign down a little alley walkway back to their office entrance. (Tell them Gary sent you!!) A friend went there and he said he saved enough money to pay for his ticket to ChiangMai.

#6 dwezzel has been a member since 30/7/2007. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.