Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Banhin Rom Pier to Ko Yao Noi

Posted by kimct on 2/9/2018 at 14:31

I'm trying to see how to get from Phang-Nga area to Ko Yao Noi mid-December...on a Sunday!

From info I found it seems like it will be impossible to find a public ferry on this day, so this means I shall either have to travel to Phuket and get a ferry from there... or hire a private boat?

Has anyone done this before and has an idea of how much this would cost? And of so, is it even possible to hire a private boat from the Banhin Rom Pier instead of Tha Dan Pier?

Thanks in advance!

#1 kimct has been a member since 28/7/2018. Posts: 3

Posted by DLuek on 3/9/2018 at 09:34 TF writer

Not sure about Banhin Rom Pier (curious why you must use that pier), but it's safe to say that a private longtail boat will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 baht, perhaps a bit more. Private boats are available daily from the piers we've used -- Surakul Pier and the pier closer to Phang Nga town at the national park visitor centre.

You may be better off arranging a taxi to Phuket and catching a ferry from there. Regular ferries also depart from Tha Len (or Thalane) in northern Krabi province, but if you're starting from somewhere close to Banhin Rom Pier then Phuket would be closer.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,319
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by kimct on 6/9/2018 at 11:46

Thanks for your reply DLuek! I was seeing if there were any piers located close to Samet Nangshe and found the Banhin Rom Pier to be extremely close, however it doesn't seem feasible as 3000 baht or more is a little out of budget for a private boat! Will see about heading straight to Phuket and catching a ferry from there. Thanks!

#3 kimct has been a member since 28/7/2018. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.