Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trekking Recommendations in North Thailand

Posted by blazvidmar on 19/10/2018 at 13:43

Hi guy,

Wife and I are travelling to Thailand in a week. We arrive to Chiang Mai and plan to stay a week or so in North Thailand. We would like to use this time to do a two-day trekking. Do you have any recommendations where treks are nicer: Chiang Mai, Pai or Chiang Dao? Do you have a good agency to recommend we do a trip with?

#1 blazvidmar has been a member since 11/5/2018. Posts: 3
 Send blazvidmar a private message 

Posted by amnicoll on 21/10/2018 at 05:59

Much depends on what else you will do and what you want to see- if you do a trek from pai then you will probably need to spend a night before and after whereas if you start from Chiang Mai then you will have more travel time at the beginning and end of the trip.

I do not know Chiang Dao

No easy answer I am afraid but if you are wanting to travel around the NW then I would be tempted to find a trek out of Pai

Can not help with agents sorry

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 931
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Aglass on 24/10/2018 at 09:46

Hi Blaz

I went to Doi Chiang Dao in January. It was amazing. Possible in one day but pretty exhausting, Otherwise 5 hours up, get the sunset, sleep up there, sunrise and down for lunch. I've been in Thailand 4 years and definitely one of the best experiences

Andrew

(PS. Are you Slovene - judging from your name? We lived there 95-98. Great country)

#3 Aglass has been a member since 29/9/2018. Posts: 1

Posted by blazvidmar on 26/10/2018 at 05:56

amnicoll and Aglass thank you for your answers. We're planning to spend few days in Pai anyway, so we'll probably do 2 days trek from there, so we don't spend too much time with transportation.

Aglass, you're correct, I'm Slovene :) Thank you and welcome anytime ;)

#4 blazvidmar has been a member since 11/5/2018. Posts: 3
 Send blazvidmar a private message 

Posted by neharani on 2/11/2018 at 21:22

These are few best treks in Thailand

1. Chiang Dao
2. Umphang
3.Koh Phi Phi View Point
4. Chiang Rai
5. Doi Inthanon
6. Sri Phang Nga National Park
7. Kamphaeng Phet
8. Nan
9. Soppong
10. Khao Pom

#5 neharani has been a member since 23/2/2017. Posts: 38

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.