Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bamboo Bay Resort - Ko Lanta - Closed

Posted by mtbakerstu on 6/11/2018 at 03:59

Just a quick word to TravelFish admins that I booked at Bamboo Bay Resort in Ko Lanta for December earlier this year. Just received word via Booking.com that Bamboo Bay has closed their business.

I see Bamboo Bay as a reviewed and recommended resort in your reviews for Ko Lanta, so thought I would mention it here.

Now in search of another place to stay in Ko Lanta in December....

Happy Travels.

Mtbakerstu

#1 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 25
 Send mtbakerstu a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/11/2018 at 04:10 admin

Thanks for letting us know have removed it. David is heading down there shortly for an update—hopefully will have online by Dec...

Cheers!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mtbakerstu on 6/11/2018 at 10:10

Thanks Stuart, I look forward to David's updates!

David, I went ahead and made a reservation with Horizon Bungalows. Am wondering if you're going to update your review when you're down there. Not sure when your review was written.

Thanks,

Mtbakerstu

#3 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 25

Posted by wanderer143 on 13/12/2018 at 02:41

Many thanks for sharing, mtbakerstu.

#4 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 117

Posted by DLuek on 13/12/2018 at 16:44 TF writer

Bamboo Bay Resort is open. I visited it yesterday, and their rooms are available to book on Agoda right now.

However I feel that neighboring Baan Phu Lae is the better choice on Ao Maipai, with similar prices. It's still only three resorts on this beach, the other being the small and good midranger, La Laanta Hideaway.

As for Horizon on Khlong Nin, it's pretty much the same as last time I checked it a few years back, although perhaps a little more reggae-fied than I recall. This time was there as a few long-haired Thai dudes set up a big Christmas tree on the beach out front. The bar is pretty popular and they have live music about once a week -- that is the main thing I'll be adding to the existing review. Their accommodation is same as before.

#5 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,326
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by mtbakerstu on 13/12/2018 at 17:51

Interesting- Booking.Com auto cancelled my reservation to Bamboo Bay, and when I called to ask why, closure was there explanation! Hmmm.

Thanks for the updates DLuek, look forward to reading the revised and new Koh Lanta reviews! Have a blast.

Mtbakerstu

#6 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 25

Posted by tezza on 30/12/2018 at 06:19

Confusion reigns - why am I thinking typical Thailand??

#7 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,352
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.