Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Rok closes to camping?

Posted by mtnmichelle on 17/11/2018 at 05:03

Hey all,

I’m on Koh Lanta staying at Kantiang Beach and we tried to arrange a transfer to Koh Rok to camp at the national park for a few nights and several different travel agencies told us that camping there is no longer allowed. Not sure if that is actually the case, we were unable to clarify whether that just meant until the busier season but one travel agent said it is closed due to trash like Maya Bay. If anyone has any insight that’d be appreciated. Koh Lanta is nice but we are more low key camping types.

#1 mtnmichelle has been a member since 19/3/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by mtbakerstu on 20/11/2018 at 10:38

Fantastic that you're at Koh Lanta! How are you enjoying your time, and what have you been up to? I'm due there next month.

I wish I had some insight into Koh Rok, but I do not. Hope you get some good feedback via this thread.

Mtbakerstu

#2 mtbakerstu has been a member since 28/5/2016. Posts: 24
 Send mtbakerstu a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by DLuek on 24/11/2018 at 09:59 TF writer

Thanks for that update -- I'm heading to Lanta soon and will get to the bottom of it. Worth mentioning that last time I went to Ko Rok it was early in high season, right around late November actually, and the camping was not yet available at that point but would become available closer to mid December. That was a few years back so not sure if it's the case now; it would not surprise me if Rok had been closed to camping since that has happened recently at others like Phi Phi Leh and Similans.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,322
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.