Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Your favorite area close to but not in Phuket

Posted by LTnHH on 24/5/2019 at 15:45

Hello

We are planning our Singapore-Thailand trip (Dec 2019-Jan 2020) and will be ending it by four days in the Phuket area--chosen because air connections back for US return are plentiful.

I am trying to find feedback on beach areas close to Phuket airport but not Phuket-it does not at all sound like our kind of place. We are in our 50's, not budget travelers but not overly extravagent; love a good beach, good food, and a few tourist options (maybe Elephant sanctuary? Or Tiger preserve?) And I would love to know your ideas if you could share. Khao Lak is one mentioned often, I see. We will be flying around Singpore/Thailand and so do not care to go to any islands (another trip, I hope).

We have tickets for afternoon return from Phuket to Singapore four days after arrival.
Thank you in advance for any information!

#1 LTnHH has been a member since 16/4/2019. Posts: 1

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by exacto on 25/5/2019 at 00:55

As you mention, Khao Lak is worth a look, particularly if budget isn't a big issue. Takua Pa District might be nice too. You could also consider a tour out to the Similan Islands, on a live aboard boat for snorkeling or diving.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,779
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.