Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel options between Khao Lak and Ban Krut or Prachuap Khiri Khan

Posted by pzakus on 4/7/2019 at 02:48

Hi: We are going to Khao Lak and then to either Ban Krut or Prachuap Khiri Khan. How does one travel between these cities? Thanks.

#1 pzakus has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 3

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by exacto on 4/7/2019 at 03:54

Here's one suggestion:

Both Ban Krut and Prachuap Khiri Khan are a fair distance from the highway, making arriving by bus not the most convenient. Because of that, I would choose to arrive at either place by train, which is still a few km from the beach road in Ban Krut, but right in town in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

I would take a bus from Khao Lak to Surat Thani (you may need to switch in Takua Pa), overnight, then catch the late morning #40 train from Surat Thani to either place. However, if you wanted to make the trip in a single day, you could probably depart Khao Lak in the morning and make the late afternoon train out of Surat Thani for a late evening arrival at Ban Krut or Prachuap Khiri Khan. I suppose you could even catch the very late sleeper train option out of Surat Thani for a very early arrival in Ban Krut or PKK.

As I recall, the Surat Thani train station is a few km out of town in Phun Phin, so you'll need to get from the bus station up to the train station, but that shouldn't be a challenge. Surat is an interesting town and frequently overlooked by independent travelers on their way to or from the islands. There are also a few good looking accommodation options right near the train station, including at least one right on the river.

There are undoubtedly other ways to do this, but maybe this suggestion will get the conversation started. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,785
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.