Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

fixed or floating jetties

Posted by janmanessi on 28/9/2019 at 14:19

can you please tell me if the following islands have fixed or floating jetties

Koh Muk/Mook

Koh Jum/Po

Koh Yao Yai - has the fixed jetty opened now?

Silly question for many of you but with mobility issues it would be great to know before deciding

Thank you!

#1 janmanessi has been a member since 9/7/2017. Posts: 6

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by DLuek on 29/9/2019 at 09:07 TF writer

On Ko Muk it's fixed, but make sure to book the local boat from Kuan Thung Khu Pier, Trang province mainland, to the village on the Ao Kham side of Muk. Other boats from Trang mainland and all island-hopping boats entail pulling up right on the sand at Haad Farang. I usually book my local ferry ticket from Kanokwan Tour across from the train station in Trang town, which includes van ride to the pier.

On Ko Jum they are fixed, but make sure to take the local songthaew to Nua Khlong from Krabi town to get a local boat to one of Jum's east coast-village piers (Baan Ko Jum or Baan Mutu) from Laem Kruat Pier on the mainland. The ferry that runs between Krabi town and Ko Lanta also drops passengers at Jum, but this and the Tigerline island-hopping ferry include a longtail boat transfer which is not suitable for mobility issues.

The local longtail ferries to both Muk and Jum have ramps that reach the concrete piers. Expect some steps from there. Here's a pic of some of the Jum boats here: https://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/southern_thailand/krabi/ko_jum/all

I'm not sure about Yao Yai. I would guess it's fixed b/c I imagine quite a few locals bring motorbikes over there, but I've not been to the island yet.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,337
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by janmanessi on 1/10/2019 at 17:06

Many thanks for your answer which has reassured me!

#3 janmanessi has been a member since 9/7/2017. Posts: 6

Posted by DLuek on 5/10/2019 at 06:14 TF writer

Of course. Also I'm in Krabi now and asked some locals about the piers for Ko Yao Noi/Yai and they said there is now a car ferry so those piers are fixed as well. Those are the local ferries that leave from Tha Len (Thalane) on the mainland, northern Krabi province.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,337
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by janmanessi on 5/10/2019 at 07:30

Many thanks for help

#5 janmanessi has been a member since 9/7/2017. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.