Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai weather - difference between march and april?

Posted by RichP101 on 14/1/2008 at 10:17

Hello all,

I'd originally planned to arrive in Thailand for a month from mid-march to mid-April. Having read around, it seems that April is the most hot & humid time and can get unbearable in places.

Is there much difference in heat/humidity between going mid-feb to mid-march, and mid-march to mid-april? I'd prefer to do the latter, but the weather reports are a bit offputting. I'd be looking to spend a few days each in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, and a good amount of time partying on the islands.

Thanks for your input -

#1 RichP101 has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by ChangFai on 14/1/2008 at 11:22

Personally I dont think it makes a lot of difference daytime , but late March-April-May , at nighttime is the one time of the year my air-con is going on , or its too difficult to sleep .

Also I would add , after last year , I would be wary of Chiang Mai around March , when it was blanketed with a pollution haze .

Maybe it will be different this year .....maybe !

#2 ChangFai has been a member since 10/4/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 139

Posted by Guernseystu on 14/1/2008 at 11:58

The difference between March and April can be summed up in two words; hot, hotter.

In terms of humidity I find these months to be very dry and, therefore, not at all humid.

#3 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by FonBangkok on 15/1/2008 at 11:24

Yes, it's much different. If you can't bear heat and humid. Mid Feb - mid Mar will suit you well. In Feb the weather is mild and dry. This lasts till early or mid of Mar.

#4 FonBangkok has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by darrenh on 15/1/2008 at 22:23

will it be humid mid march to april? there are different replies above. i dont mind the heat, its the humidity that gets to me. does anyone know what % humidity it will be?

#5 darrenh has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 14
 Send darrenh a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.