Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Price Guarantee of AGODA works?

Posted by motohachi on 5/12/2019 at 10:33

Have any of you ever successfully used Best Price Guarantee form of Agoda.com?
After I entered everything accurately and attached jpg files (very small), and press Submit.
Nothing. No error message or anything. So I send an email with attachments. But the response I'm getting looks more like 'avoidance' rather than customer service.
As Agoda seems to be using travelfish site to advertise, I wonder any of you have any positive experience.

#1 motohachi has been a member since 18/6/2013. Posts: 3

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by amnicoll on 5/12/2019 at 12:41

how long is it since you submitted the claim?

If you live in a country that have a customer service contact like the UK contact them directly ( +44 (0)20 7660 6899) or if nothing email their CEO jeff.boyd@priceline.com

please keep us updated as obviously this is important more so because of the sponsorship on this site

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 960
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by motohachi on 6/12/2019 at 02:47

The exchanges with them was less than satisfactory, if I put it politely. The form itself does not function as it's advertised. 10 hours after I emailed the PDF file image of non-functioning form, I received a standard questionnaire page. So I replied with '0' score for "would you recommend Agoda ...". Then a human customer service rep responded by an email. After numerous email exchanges back & forth which sounded more like delay tactics to me, I finally received the confirmation that they'll refund the difference. Either their company policy to ask same information again and again, or just incompetence of reps, I don't know. I have talked to the hotel owners (not just one), and they also felt frustration with their client services. I felt they're betting on people to give up, which I didn't. Personally I would choose other booking sites, period.

#3 motohachi has been a member since 18/6/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by amnicoll on 6/12/2019 at 10:55

Glad you got the refund

i so rarely book hotels that to date I have not bothered continuous checking to see if the price is bettered and as I look for the budget end (bottom) then generally not worth the hassle

I think you should forward your observations to the CEO with a plea that he looks at how the process is managed

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 960
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by motohachi on 7/12/2019 at 01:35

Thanks for the reply. I will notify him.
Like you I normally don't bother to price check after booking. Agoda didn't show the total incl tax clearly before they charge my credit card. That prompted me to pursue BPG, which looks like a marketing gimmick, but not genuine. They bought Agoda's existing systems but didn't bother' to improve it, I wonder.

#5 motohachi has been a member since 18/6/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.