Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Please help----need lodging, but have no reservation

Posted by davester13 on 14/1/2008 at 13:23

Thanks for reading and replying.

I'm flying into Bangkok tomorrow (Jan. 15) and I'd like to stay in relatively cheap & quiet area near (but not too near) Kao San Rd, but I don't have a reservation and I'm realizing that I may need one for many places. Your suggestions for what to do, where to stay?

Also, what's a good way of getting there from the airport----one not too expensive? Taxi, bus? Thanks.

#1 davester13 has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by Guernseystu on 14/1/2008 at 13:58

Dave, even though this is the high season you do not need a reservation. There is plenty of accommodation to be found - particularly in the Banglumphu area.

Try the Riverline Guest House on Samsen Soi 1. It is fairly new and very clean, rooms start at 280B per night for a double room with fan and private bathroom.

If you still wish to make a reservation you can call them on + (66) 2282 7464. The card says 'and press 0' and I'm not quite sure if that is necessary but be prepared to do so.

#2 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by davester13 on 14/1/2008 at 15:53

Thanks for your message.

#3 davester13 has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.