Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Going to Ko Lipe

Posted by Dmar on 14/10/2021 at 14:07

Hello!

I'm planning a 3 week vacation to Thailand in November. The last week I plan to go to Southern Thailand.  I have 6 days to get from Chiang Mai - down to the South - and then back to Bangkok (will by flying). Looking to snorkel and relax. 
Right now, I'm looking at Ko Lipe and Khao Lak (with Similan day trip).  Leaning towards Ko Lipe for the snorkeling - but doesn't sound easy to get to(coming from Chiang Mai ). I'm also wondering about staying at the national park - if the tents are an option.

Do the islands around Ko Lipe still have great snorkeling? 
If so - is there a place near Pak Bara that is good to stay at overnight where I could leave extra luggage while on the islands? 
If Ko Lipe is too busy, how easy is it to stay in the national park tents (and curious if they provide anything besides the tent)?

As a backup - looking into Khao Lak because it's easy to get to. But I keep hearing that Similan Islands aren't what they used to be for snorkeling - are there other places in Khao Lak that are reachable for day trips? 

Thank you for your time, 

David

#1 Dmar has been a member since 13/10/2021. Posts: 2

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.