Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand's Self-Service Laundry Options

Posted by exacto on 6/7/2022 at 06:56

I just spent a few nights in Nakhon Rachasima (Korat) where I didn't find a traditional drop-off laundry service near my hotel, but I did find several of the new style laundromats to use. The nice lady I talked to at the laundromat said that these are becoming much more popular these days. I've been seeing random coin-operated washing machines in many places for quite a few years now, but this is a full on laundromat with several coin-op washers, dryers, soap machines, folding tables, and waiting area. Washer prices ran from 40 up to 80 baht depending on the size of the washer (huge at 14 kg or 18 kg) and cold, warm, or hot water. Dryer prices started at 40 baht for 24 minutes with 10 baht for each additional 6 minutes. Small envelopes of soap and fabric softener were 5 baht each.

To be sure, while I'm on the road I prefer the drop-off service when it is available, but sometimes that creates logistics issues as most drop-off laundry shops have a 24-hour turnaround time. That can be a problem if you are just passing through town. At least these self-service laundromats let you wash and dry your clothes in about an hour. It's not my favorite way to spend a holiday, but it beats not having anything clear to wear. Regards.

#1 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,833

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/7/2022 at 01:10 admin

Yeah have been seeing these kinda places popping up all over the place. Best thing, no “per-piece” charges!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,089

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.