Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Mooted changes to non visa entry

Posted by davelliot on 30/8/2022 at 06:04

According to  Bangkok Post report  between October and March this year Visa On Arrival will be extended from 15 to 30 days and Visa Exempt Entry (30 day stamps on entry for qualifying nationalities) will be extended to 45 days. Doesn't seem to be any official announcement as yet.

#1 davelliot has been a member since 6/9/2017. Posts: 61

Posted by exacto on 31/8/2022 at 00:15

Thanks for the link to the article, Dave. This would be good news for the countless small businesses I've recently seen still managing to hang on. I would be interested to learn if the current 30-day extension usually available for 30-day visa exempt entries and 60-day tourist visas will also be increased to 45 days or remain at 30 days. I also wonder if the current 60-day tourist visa would be extended to 90 days or more. By way of comparison, most countries give me a free 90 days on arrival and Mexico typically gives a generous 180 days on arrival. If national authorities were serious about increasing the number of visitor days to help boost the economy, adjusting the length of stay allowed to match what other (competing tourist destination) countries allow would be a lovely place to start. But here I am preaching to the choir...

Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,847

Posted by davelliot on 31/8/2022 at 05:50

Still not official so will have to wait for the details. Tend to doubt that tourist 2 month visa would (ever) be extended to 90 days. Malaysia gives selected nationalities 90 days on arrival since many years ago. But Thailand doesn't have that mindset particularly with the present regime.

#3 davelliot has been a member since 6/9/2017. Posts: 61

Posted by davelliot on 15/11/2022 at 05:13

The 45 days can only be extended once for 30 days and after that you are only given a further 7 day stamp to give you time to leave the country. On another forum its been conformed all Burma borders are still closed so not possible to do border runs to Victoria Point or Tachilek. 

#4 davelliot has been a member since 6/9/2017. Posts: 61

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.